10 Natural Remedies For Kidney Stones
Our kidneys are very important to us. They not only detoxify the body and filter out impure substances from the body but they get rid of metabolic wastes through urination. You can get kidney stones when you don’t process wastes properly or when you are dehydrated.
Kidney stones are extremely painful and have the capability of blocking urinary flow in the kidneys and ureters.
Here are some great natural remedies for getting rid of kidney stones and for helping your urinary tract heal from stones:
1. Olive oil, Lemon Juice, and Apple Cider vinegar. These are great remedies for kidney stones because they dissolve them nicely. All you need to do is mix two ounces of olive oil with two ounces of lemon juice. Drink this down and then drink 12 ounces of water. Wait about a half hour and then squeeze a half of a lemon into another 12 ounces of water and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Drink it down. Repeat this regimen after about an hour and keep doing it until you have no symptoms.
2. Kidney beans. According to tradition, the pods of kidney beans were the most medicinal part of the bean. You need to remove the beans from their pods and then boil the pods in hot water for six hours. Strain the liquid through a cloth and cool it. Drink it throughout the day for just one day in order to help relieve the pain of kidney stones.
3. Urva Ursi. This is an ancient folk remedy to get rid of kidney stones. It kills off infections so common in kidney stones but helps cleanse the urinary tract, reducing the pain. All you need is to take 500 milligrams of urva ursi three times per day and your kidney stones will be gone.
4. Dandelion root. This is a cheap way of getting rid of kidney stones. Use organic dandelion root and let it do its work cleansing the urinary tract. Just take 500 milligrams twice a day for better kidney health.
5. Horsetail. This is taken as a tea and works well to relieve the pain of kidney stones. You need to drink a lot of tea—about 3-4 cups per day or take about two grams of horsetail in a supplement form for better kidney health.
6. Pomegranate Juice. Pomegranates are good for just about everything. The seeds and the juice of this fruit are especially good for kidney stones. It may be because they are so sour and have astringent properties. Drink pomegranate juice after it has been freshly squeezed or eat the pomegranates with the seeds.
7. Magnesium. This is taken as a supplement. Research tells us that people who get kidney stones all the time and who take magnesium supplements will have nearly 93 percent improvement in the chances of getting kidney stones again. Try taking in about 300 milligrams of magnesium orotate in order to prevent and dissolve kidney stones.
8. Organic celery. Regular celery or celery seeds are great as a urinary tonic. If you regularly take in celery seed as a tea or as a spice, it may help keep kidney stones away.
9. Basil. Basil will tone the kidneys when taken as a tea but you need to sip it all through the day. Take a teaspoon of basil juice and a teaspoon of honey each day for six months. This can help expel the kidney stone from the urinary tract.
10. Change your diet. It is well known that eating unhealthy foods is a big cause of kidney stones. Drink less soda and don’t drink energy drinks. Drink lots of fresh clean water. Stay away from alcohol, processed foods, and instead eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially the ones previously listed.
There is some research to indicate that using an inversion table will help pass kidneys stones after having shock wave lithotripsy. This is when a shock wave is sent into the body to break up kidney stones. Inversion tables seem to help push the stones out of the body.