Running on a treadmill can be a great way to keep running no matter what the weather, or working out from the comfort of your own home. However, there are a number of common mistakes even experienced runners make when they are running on a treadmill. Here are a few of the main ones to watch out for.
Skipping warm ups and cool down
If you are going to work your muscles, you need to do these if you wish to avoid injury. Stopping suddenly on the treadmill can also lead to dizziness and injury from falling off.
Poor running form
People nervous about falling off treadmills tend to change their form. You need to run the same way both indoors and outdoors in order to avoid injury. Your legs should swing back easily and not go ahead of you. Also watch out for heel strikes and overstriding, which can cause injury because the treadmill belt is moving. Your foot landing in front on the moving belt is like slamming on the brakes as you run, leading to wear and tear on knees and hips.
Holding onto the rails
This causes tension in the arms and upper body, and the arms being in this fixed position means they are not swinging forward to help you with your momentum as you run. It also makes you bend or hunch forward, which can cause problems with knee, lower back and shoulder pain. Use the same form as you would running outdoors. If you are worried about falling, reduce your pace or incline.
Not working out fully
Holding onto the handrails actually makes your workout easier. If you also read a book or magazine while you are on a treadmill, you’re not working hard enough to get the full benefit of the exercise. Not every run has to be a long or hard one, but they don’t all have to be easy ones either.
Stepping Off While Moving
This is one of the main causes of injury. Be sure you have everything you need, water, towel and so on, before getting on.
Running at the Same Pace and Incline for Your Entire Run
Change speed and incline every so often to keep you on your toes and give you a more realistic workout such as you would do outside. Too steep an incline for too long can also cause injuries. Aim for 5 minutes maximum and keep it from 4 to 6% to protect your joints.
Treadmills are one of the most popular home cardio machines and rightly so. They burn a huge amount of calories, they strengthen your bones and they give your fitness a real boost. However, although they have a lot of good points, treadmills aren’t suitable for everyone and before jumping in and buying one, you need to consider whether they’re the best option for you. In this article I’m going to be helping you make this decision by covering the main things you need to think about before you part with your money and buy a treadmill.
1) High Impact Cardio Machine
Although the cushioned surface of a treadmill takes a lot of the impact out of running, running on a treadmill is still much more of a high impact exercise than cycling, rowing, stepping or gliding on an elliptical trainer. Therefore, if you have problems with your ankles, knees or hips, you may find that running on a treadmill is too painful and that a low impact cardio machine is a better choice.
2) Not As Effective As Running Outside
Another thing you need to be aware of before buying a treadmill is that while it’s a great way to put some miles on the clock, improve your cardiovascular fitness and burn some calories, it’s not quite as effective as outdoor running. There are a number of reasons for this.
First, when you run on a treadmill, the moving belt does propel you slightly and this makes it a bit easier than running outside. When you run outside, the ground doesn’t move and there’s nothing to propel you, so it is a little more challenging.
Secondly, when you run outside, the angle of the ground is constantly changing. Even if this change is too slight for you to notice, it still challenges your body and gives you a more effective workout. You can partially replicate this effect by adjusting the incline of the treadmill regularly but it’s never quite as effective as running outside.
Finally, when you run outside, you are exposed to the weather and this has an impact on the way you run. For example, if it’s windy, you have to run with more force and fight against the wind to keep going. If it’s raining, you have to pay extra attention to your running technique and the way you land with your feet, so that you don’t slip or fall. Running on a treadmill removes this element of uncertainty and as a result, it’s not quite as challenging.
If you’re on a tight budget, you may want to price up the cost of treadmills against other home cardio machines. While you can get some manual treadmills for around $100, most electronic models are $500+ and it’s not uncommon for a treadmill to cost $1,000+. In comparison, you can pick up a good elliptical trainer, exercise bike, rowing machine or stepper for less than $500.
As well as being expensive, treadmills are also generally the largest home cardio machines, so if the workout space in your home is limited, you may want to think twice before buying one. Even the smallest treadmills generally require a minimum of 70 inches by 50 inches of floor space. Exercise bikes on the other hand, generally require no more than 45 inches by 50 inches of floor space which represents a 10% saving in width and almost a 30% saving in length.
5) Potentially Dangerous
One final thing to think about when you are buying a treadmill is that it’s one of the only cardio machines where falling off is a very real danger. With elliptical machines, exercise bikes, rowing machines and steppers, falling off is almost impossible and even if you do fall, it’s not going to do much damage. However, with a treadmill, losing your footing when you are running at a high speed can be very dangerous, send you flying across the room and potentially cause a serious injury.
Despite the negative focus of this article, treadmills still are an excellent purchase and their benefits far outweigh their disadvantages. However, if you don’t have a lot of space, money is tight or you have problems with your joints, you may want to look at other home cardio machines. Exercise bikes and elliptical machines in particular still provide you with an effective workout but generally cost less money, take up less space and remove the impact on your joints. I hope this article helps you decide which home workout machine is right for you. Good luck and happy shopping.
Buying a treadmill is a big decision and one that should not be taken lightly. With many treadmills now costing well over $1,000 and each model having all kinds of different, innovative features, there’s a lot to think about before you part with your hard earned cash. In this article I aim to make your treadmill buying experience a little easier by focusing on the key things you need to look at and providing you with seven treadmill buying tips.
1) Set A Budget
The first and most important step when buying any treadmill is to set a budget. You may have found a treadmill that’s the perfect size, has all the features that you need and has five star ratings across the board but if it costs $2,000 and you can only afford to spend $1,000, all the rest doesn’t really matter. Determine how much you can realistically spend on a treadmill and then make sure the treadmills you are looking at fall within this price range.
2) Measure Your Workout Space
Once you’ve decided how much you can afford to spend, the next thing you need to consider is what size of treadmill you can actually fit in your home. If you have a large home gym with plenty of free space, treadmill size probably isn’t going to be an issue. However, if you’re planning to use the treadmill in a smaller room, make sure you measure the room and then choose a treadmill that will fit comfortably inside.
3) Check The Treadmill Specifications
Choosing a treadmill with the right specifications is another important step in the buying process. There are three main specifications you need to look at; the motor, the belt and the shock absorption. For the motor, make sure that it has a continuous duty rating of at least 1.5HP if you are a light user and at least 2.5HP if you are a heavy user. For the belt, make sure it’s at least 18 inches wide and at least 45 inches in length if you want to use it for light walking and jogging or 60 inches in length if you want to use it to run at full stretch. The shock absorption will vary by treadmill type and manufacturer but make sure whatever it offers is adequate to protect your ankles, knees and lower back from the impact of running.
4) List The Features You Need
After you’ve sorted your budget and treadmill specifications, you then need to decide what you want the treadmill to do in terms of performance. If you just want a model that allows you to burn a few extra calories while you watch TV at night, a basic treadmill will probably suffice. However, if you’re a fitness fanatic or have some serious weight loss goals, you’ll want to look at how fast the treadmill can go, what kind of inclines it offers and how many different workout programs it has. If you like to listen to music while you run, you may want to consider a treadmill with an MP3 docking station and built in speakers. Alternatively, if you don’t have much storage space in your home, you may want to consider a space saving folding treadmill.
No matter what you need, there’s likely to be a treadmill on the market that can provide it. So have a long, hard think about the exact features you want from your ideal treadmill, write them down and then find a few that match most of your requirements and that also fall within your budget and price range.
5) Check The Warranty
The warranty that comes with the treadmill is another important aspect of the buying process and as a general rule, the longer the warranty period is, the more confident you can be in your purchase. For peace of mind, make sure your treadmill comes with at least a 1 year on all its parts. Anything more is a bonus but anything less should be avoided.
6) Check Out Existing Customer Reviews
A treadmill may look brilliant based on the manufacturer’s description but existing customer reviews are the real acid test. Try and go for treadmills that have at least 80% positive feedback from existing customers. If there’s no treadmills that have the features you require with this level of positive feedback, make sure you analyze the negative feedback very closely before going ahead with your purchase as there could be some underlying issues which aren’t clear in the general product description.
7) Analyze The Pros & Cons
By this point you should now have a shortlist of treadmills to choose from. To make your final decision, write down all the pros and cons for each treadmill, based on the steps above. For example, treadmill A may have the best features but be the most expensive. Treadmill B might be missing some of the features you want but have the highest customer feedback rating.
Once you have your list of pros and cons, go for the treadmill with the most pros and the least cons. If it’s close, decide which one feature is the most important to you and then choose the treadmill that excels in that area.
I hope these treadmill buying tips help you find a high quality treadmill that provides you with the features you need at a price you can afford. So if you’ve not started looking already, re-read this article, put the tips into action and go find a treadmill that’s right for you.
If you’re looking to buy cardio training equipment for your home, treadmills are a very popular choice. They’re easy to use, they allow you to control the intensity and duration of your workout and they also have a number of key benefits over regular road running. In this article I’m going to be taking a more detailed look at treadmills and discussing the benefits of adding a treadmill to your home workout collection.
1) High Calorie Burn
One of the best things about treadmills is that they burn a lot more calories than almost any other piece of home workout equipment. For an average person, an hour of moderate jogging on the treadmill at 10kph will burn through 825 calories. This is over 250 calories more than an hour of moderate exercise on an exercise bike or rowing machine and over 100 calories more than an hour of moderate exercise on an elliptical trainer.
In terms of weight loss, this means that by jogging on a treadmill moderately for one hour every day, you’ll lose an extra half a pound every week compared with cycling on an exercise bike or rowing on a rowing machine moderately for the same period of time. You’ll also lose an extra quarter of a pound every week compared with exercising moderately on an elliptical trainer for one hour every day.
This might not sound like much but it adds up to losing an extra 2.2 pounds per month and an extra 26 pounds per year compared with cycling or rowing and an extra 1.1 pounds per month or 13 pounds per year compared with elliptical training.
2) Effective Cardio Training
Another great thing about treadmills is that they’re one of the most effective machines for improving your cardiovascular fitness. While all cardio machines improve your cardiovascular fitness to some extent, the extra effort you expend on a treadmill means that your heart becomes stronger and your lung capacity increases at a faster rate than it does when using other cardio machines. This means by using a treadmill you’ll be able to see faster results than if you use other cardio machines and maximize your fitness in the shortest time possible.
3) Strengthens Your Bones
As well as boosting your fitness and burning lots of calories, treadmills are also one of the few cardio machines that strengthen your bones. Unlike cycling, rowing or stepping, running on a treadmill is a weight bearing exercise which causes your bone mineral density to increase. As a result, your bones become stronger and less susceptible to breaks and fractures when you run on a regular basis.
4) Lower Impact Than Road Running
If you’re a fan of outdoor running but it’s started to take its toll on your joints, treadmill running is a fantastic, low impact alternative. While treadmill running still involves some impact, the cushioned surface absorbs the vast majority of the impact and as a result treadmill running is much kinder to your ankles, knees and hips than road running.
5) Weather Proof
Another perk of treadmill running is that it allows you to carry on running, even when the weather outside is bad. No matter how much you love outdoor running, sometimes the rain, wind or snow make it impossible and force you to stay indoors. In these situations, owning a treadmill allows you to get some exercise, burn some calories and put a few miles on the clock, even if there’s a storm going on outside.
6) Safer Than Road Running
One final benefit of buying a treadmill is that it can be safer than road running. When you run on the road there are plenty of hazards such as potholes and broken glass that can lead to serious injuries. In addition to this, if you only have time to run late at night when it’s dark outside, it’s very difficult for cars to see you and this can lead to you being knocked down.
By running on a treadmill, you avoid all these hazards and stay safe when you run. The treadmill belt is smooth and even which means you don’t have to worry about unexpected objects throwing you off course or injuring you. Also, since your running within the comfort of your own home, you’re completely safe from oncoming traffic.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons you should buy a treadmill. It’s one of the most efficient types of cardio machine on the market and if you put the effort in, you can burn through some serious calories when running on a treadmill. In addition to this, it’s a great way to carry on running when the weather outside is bad. So if these benefits match up to your fitness goals, get shopping and go find a treadmill that’s right for you.
One of the most impressive things about the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2 T Treadmill is that it allows you to work out different muscle groups in your body. Not all treadmills can help you to get a complete full body workout like this one can. There are four pre-programmed application workouts that will help you to get a great workout in if you do not have a ton of time. They are also a great place to start if you have never worked out before. There is a unique feature on this treadmill with an upper body/arms feature that helps you to tone up those areas as well.
• Special CrossWalk Upper Body/Arms Feature
• Impulse O Motor Featuring 2.25 HP
• Special Cushioning to Help Reduce Impact
• Four Different Pre-Programmed Workout Applications
• 2 Position Incline
• Special Folding, Space Saving Design
• Easy to Read LCD Window Screen
• 250 lb Maximum Capacity
• 90 Day Parts and Labor Warranty
• Thumb Controlled Heart Rate Monitor
• Digital Speed Control 0MPH-10MPH
1. Get a Full Body Workout – One of the things that makes the Weslo CrossWalk 5.2T Treadmill so great is that it features extra workout equipment with the CrossWalk Upper Body/Arm system. This system allows for you to get in a nice arm workout that will help you to tone your upper body while you are on the treadmill. It can also be great for switching up routines and being able to do more with your treadmill.
2. Simple Assembly – While some treadmills might be a struggle to put together, this treadmill will go together easily and quickly. This means that you can start using it to help become a better and healthier you quicker. It also means that you are not frustrated or struggling to get the machine together.
3. Shock Absorbing Cushions – The cushions that are built into the Weslo CrossWalk 5.2T Treadmill are there so that you do not have to worry about the impact that you have when you are running on the treadmill. If you have struggled with bone or joint issues or even just bone or joint pain after running, you will no longer have to worry about struggling. Instead you are going to be able to run in comfort with virtually no pain.
4. Great for Small Spaces – One thing is for certain when treadmill shopping. It can be very hard to find a great treadmill that has all of the features that you want when you only have a small space to work with. In most cases if using your treadmill requires a lot of moving furniture or work, you are not going to use it as often as if you can just unfold it. Thankfully since this treadmill has been built with space saving features in mind, you will find that it can fit in nearly any small space that you might have.
Things to Consider:
1. Low Maximum Weight – Many people who are working out might find that having a 250 lb weight limit can be a deterrent. This is because you are not going to want to buy something that you cannot use if you gain a few pounds or that you have to lose weight to use. Many treadmills in the same price range have maximum weights that are higher.
2. Limited Warranty – There are is no warranty on the motor for this treadmill past 90 days. Not a lot is going to happen in the first three months that you own a high quality product. However, over time small things can wear out. If you plan on using your treadmill for years to come, you might want to choose one that has more of a warranty than what is features with the Weslo CrossWalk 5.2T Treadmill.
The Weslo CrossWalk 5.2T Treadmill has all of your bases covered. You will not only be able to get a great workout in running and walking, but also with the special CrossWalk arm and upper body feature which will help you to work out the muscles in your arms that might not get much workout with a traditional treadmill. This treadmill also is known for being stable and for working in small spaces. It is a great option for those who want more from their treadmill.
The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is a treadmill that will help you with a wide variety of different needs. It can help you start on a journey of weight loss with the interval training mode. There are also ways to increase your speed before you next race or help you to increase your endurance so that you can run longer. The 2.5 HP motor offers you the power that you need to ensure that you are never outrunning your machine. There are 2 different incline positions, comfort cell cushioning to make the machine easier on you, an LCD display, and an extra-long belt for those who have a long stride.
• Adjustable Incline – 2 Positions
• Space Saving Design
• Deck made with Comfort Cell Cushion
• 2.5 HP Motor
• 67”x30”x10” Dimensions
1. Multiple Workout Choices – With the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill you will have many different options for workouts to choose from. You can walk or run at your own pace in the three different positions. There are also six different pre-programmed workouts that you can perform with this treadmill. These six workouts are going to challenge you and keep you interested along your journey even when you feel bored or like giving up.
2. Easy Assembly – Users have been impressed with the ease of assembly with this treadmill. Not only are they able to successfully put the machine together, but they also find that they are able to put it together quickly. This means that you can get your new treadmill, put it together, and still use it the day that you receive it. It is not going to take all of your time or energy to assemble this one.
3. Low Price – While not the cheapest treadmill that you can find, this treadmill offers you a lot without the high price tags that come on many of today’s treadmills. In fact, the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill offers you more so that you are able to get the best possible value. There are not a lot of treadmills in this price range that feature a solid 2.5 HP motor and a solid steel frame. This treadmill has all of those things and is still less than $300.
4. LED Monitoring Screen – There is also a LED monitoring screen provided with this treadmill. This screen is great for pushing yourself further and getting to know your own workout needs. Not only will you become aware of the distance that you are running, but you will also be able to figure out how many calories you are burning, your speed, and your heart rate (as long as monitor is on). This means that you can track your fitness levels and goals to get where you need to be.
Things to Consider:
1. Noisy Workouts – One thing that you might not like with the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is that it is very noisy when you are operating it. As your speed increases, the noise is also going to increase. So you might want to make sure that you have some good noise canceling headphones or a loud TV. Another thing to consider with the noise is that if you plan on using the treadmill while others are sleeping or working that it might be hard to do so.
2. Not For Heavier Weights – If you weigh more than 165-175 lbs then you might not like this treadmill for running. Users who weighed more reported that they did not feel stable when they were running and that they only felt stable when they were walking. Those who were lighter did not report any issues with running. They were able to run with ease and felt sturdy at the same time.
The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is definitely one that you should check out if you are looking for a solid electric treadmill on a budget. The price tag is low in comparison to other electric treadmills that you will find. However, that does not mean that it is low on performance or features. This treadmill features two different incline positions, the ability to run or walk in any of the three positions at a wide range of speeds, and six different workouts that will help you achieve your goals. There are three pre-programmed workouts for weight loss and three pre-programmed workouts for endurance. Using these workouts will help you achieve new heights in your personal fitness. The only big complaints with this machine are that it does not feel sturdy to heavier users and that it is noisy when turned on.
If you are working hard to increase your performance or lose weight, then you need to check out the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill and all that it can do for you. This treadmill features a wide range of options with two different incline positions, six unique personal trainer lead workouts, and specialized comfort cushion options. The treadmill is easy to use and will help you to be able to reach any fitness goals that you might personally have.
• Special Space Saving Features
• Two Position Include
• Six Different Personal Trainer Led Workouts
• Special Shock System for Added Comfort
• Dimensions 68”x31”x10”
1. Clear Screen to Track Workouts – One thing that is great about the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is that the LED screen is clear and easy to read. If you have ever struggled to read a screen while you are doing your workout, then you are certainly going to appreciate this one. This screen will tell you all of the details that you want to know about your workout, your personal health information, and information to help you track your workouts. When you use this treadmill, you are going to find that it has more and is going to offer you more than others that you might have checked out before.
2. Comfortable Running Track – Another plus is that the treadmill has a comfortable running track. It is wide enough and long enough for most people to feel completely comfortable when running on it. This is not the case with all treadmills so it is something that you should think about when considering which one you would purchase. Plus, there is a special comfort shock system that is going to keep your joints and bones from having to deal with the pain of hard impact. When you are running, the shocks are going to make your run more comfortable.
3. Stable – When you are running on a treadmill, the last thing that you want to have to worry about is the stability. Many bigger people have experienced running on a treadmill that seemed to shake and wobble with each stride. This is not one of those. In fact, you are going to be able to enjoy a nice run or training workout without ever having to worry that the treadmill is not going to be able to make it.
4. Easy to Use – Finally the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill has a ease of use that makes it very popular among those who are just starting with a treadmill as well as those who have been using one for years. There are many reasons that you might enjoy a treadmill that has an easy operation. One of these is that you do not have to waste your time learning how to use the treadmill. Another is that you can jump on and start working out as soon as it is assembled, even if you have never been on a treadmill before.
Things to Consider:
1. Manual Incline Setting – One thing to remember if you are looking at the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is that the incline feature needs to be set manually. So, this means that you cannot adjust to go up and down hills during your work out. It also means that you have to get off of the treadmill in order to change the incline. For some, this could be a deal breaker, depending on the type of workout that you are looking for with your new treadmill. It is simple to move between the different incline positions and something that you can easily use to change your own workouts.
2. Hard to Assemble – Most users have reported that this treadmill is hard to assemble. There were many comments in some recent reviews about how you can line up the boards that are shipped with the treadmill to make it easier. However, that still requires more work on your part and makes it harder for you to be able to enjoy your new treadmill because you are going to be spending a lot of time putting it together.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is a top choice for those who are trying to get the most from their new machine. This treadmill offers three different positions with two inclines. It has a wide variation of speeds between 0 MPH and 10 MPH. While the incline is manual, forcing you to get off of the treadmill to change the incline, that does not mean that you cannot still get a fantastic workout with it. Plus, the treadmill has added features to make it more comfortable when running and to help prevent any injuries.
When you see the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill then you instantly can see the difference. This treadmill is one of a kind and comes in a bright pink color that is going to impress. It is the perfect treadmill for any girly girl! This spacing saving model will make it easy to keep the treadmill anywhere even small spaces where you might not think that workout equipment will fit. Plus, it features a special feature that will help you to have a better workout, like controls that can be used through the handrails.
• Recognized Sunny Health & Fitness Brand
• 10 Years of Brand Experience
• 9 Workouts Ready to Challenge and Improve Your Fitness Levels
• 3 Positon Incline
• 220 lb Maximum Weight
• 2.2 HP
• Dimensions 62”x26.8”x18.3”
• Warranty Included
• Speeds Between .5 MPH and 9 MPH
• BMI Index Calculator
• Special Safety Lock
• Function that Allows Power Saving
1. Simple Assembly – Nothing can be more frustrating than purchasing a new product and realizing that it is going to take you quite a bit of time to assemble it. Many users of different treadmills report issues with it taking a long time to put the machine together or with it being hard to get things lined up. With this treadmill this is not something that you are going to have to worry about. In fact, instead you are going to find that it is one of the best products that you can find since it is so easy to use.
2. Very Quiet – Another thing that people love about this treadmill is that it is so quiet when you are working out. This makes it possible for you to easily catch up on your favorite television show, hear your workout playlist without headphones, or even carry on a conversation or talk on the phone. Some users even report being able to use their speaker phones to talk to friends and family while running or walking.
3. Many Workout Options – The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is a great purchase since it offers you so many different workout choices. You can manually adjust the incline on this model to increase the difficulty of your workouts. This is especially important for those who want to be able to increase the difficulty of their workouts. In addition to being able to run or walk and train on your own with easy to use adjustments on the handrail, you will be able to choose between nine different pre-programmed workouts. These workouts can help you to meet specific needs that you have for your own health and fitness goals.
4. Trusted Brand – The Sunny Health & Fitness brand is one that you can be sure to trust. This brand has been around for more than ten years and has a long history of bringing high quality fitness equipment into your home. They are known for their warranty and are a brand that you can be comfortable trusting.
Things to Consider:
1. Lubrication Needed – One of the things that many users do not realize when they purchase the Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is that they need to lubricate the track before the first use. If you do not do this, then you might end up with a treadmill that does not work properly or a motor that does not function as it is supposed to. Having a well lubricated machine is very important and something that you should be prepared to do in the future.
2. Uncomfortable for Bigger Runners – If you are a taller runner, you will find that there might not be quite enough space for you to use your full stride. The length of this treadmill is quite a bit shorter than that of other treadmills that you might find. Also, if you weigh more than this treadmill might not feel stable to you. In fact, many runners who weighed over 150 lbs reported that they felt as though the treadmill was not very sturdy when they were running or that it moved.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is a one of a kind spacing saving treadmill that will give you more. One thing that you might not expect from a treadmill is style. One of the things that you are going to love is being able to have a treadmill that is a beautiful pink color, foldable for storage, and never going to take up too space. This treadmill is one that is going to be easy for you to use and put together. Plus, it has features that are going to make it possible for you to get any workout that you are looking for done.
The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill offers a classic design that is manually powered. You are going to be moving the treadmill and powering it for yourself. This means that you can set your own pace anywhere that it needs to be. There are two incline positons that you can use at 8 degrees and 10 degrees. The treadmill features a steel frame, flywheels that are dual weighted, wheels for moving, and rails that are padded. Your workout is tracked with an electronic monitor that helps you discover your speed, workout time, and calories burned. The running surface on the Stamina InMoition Manual Treadmill is made from rubber which helps you to stay stable when you are running.
• Smooth Operation from Dual Flywheels
• 8 Degree and 10 Degree Incline Positions
• Non-slip Running Surface
• Frame Made from Steel
• Rails are Foam Padded
• Foldable for Easy Storage
• No Electricity Needed
• Easy Portability Thanks to Wheels
• Electronic Monitor to Track Workout Time, Calories Burned, Distance, and Speed
• Measures 47”x22”x45”
• One Year Warranty on Frame
• 225 lbs Maximum Weight
• 90 Day Parts Warranty
1. Great Workout – Many people do not realize that working out on a manual treadmill is harder than using an electric treadmill. The great thing about this is that you can get a great workout in. For those who have never used a manual treadmill before, using it at the 10-degree incline can actually make it easier as it rolls easily. In addition to this if you want a harder workout you can use the treadmill at the 8-degree incline, so that you will feel as though you have been walking up stairs. No matter what setting you use, you can be sure that this treadmill will help you to get a great workout.
2. Perfect for Small Spaces – Trying to work out and have equipment in a small space can be really difficult. In fact, it might even feel impossible. The great thing about the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill is that it is the perfect choice for someone looking for a way to work out in the smallest spaces. It is also completely portable and has wheels that will allow you to move the treadmill into different spaces. In addition, you will be able to fold the treadmill when it is not in use which means that it can be stored in even smaller spaces.
3. Affordable Option – The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill is one of the cheapest treadmills that you can find today. This treadmill does not have many perks, bells, and whistles; but that does not stop it from being a great choice for those who might not be able to afford another option. In fact, this option costs less than a 3-month membership at most gyms. So, if you are trying to find a great way to get a workout in without breaking the bank then this might be the perfect choice for you.
4. Can Use Anywhere – You can use this treadmill anywhere. There is nowhere that it can’t be used since it requires you to use nothing but your own energy to power it. This means that you do not have to worry about where there are outlets, having the right type of adapter for your personal outlet, or anything else. You just assemble it and start walking.
Things to Consider:
1. Awkward for Taller People – Taller people might find that the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill is not easy to walk on. In fact, they might feel as if they are too big to be walking on it at all. This treadmill seems to not have a long enough base for taller people to be able to get a long comfortable stride.
2. Hard to Get Started – If you have not walked on a manual treadmill before then you will want to make sure that you try one out before purchasing this one. Manual treadmills require a lot of additional man power to use them and some might find that they are not able to use them. These types of treadmills might not be the best option for beginners although they can be great for those who are at advanced or intermediate stages of their workout.
The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill will offer you a great workout that is solely powered by you. One thing that is really nice about this choice is that it features a nice screen that will display some of your workout statistics. This means that you will know how fast you were walking or running, how many calories you were burning, and what your distance was. You will be able to have a great workout and track your workouts to ensure that you are doing your best.
The ProForm 505 CST Treadmill has been built to help you get up and moving. This treadmill will give you all of the power that you need for intense workouts. Plus, it offers a number of settings that will meet you at any fitness level that you might be at. There are actually eighteen different workouts that have been pre-programmed into the treadmill ensuring that you are able to get a great unique workout every single time. In addition to this you can use the iPod compatible sound system to enjoy your favorite workout playlist while you are exercising. Plus, you will have the six inch screen that displays the calories burned, distance walked, and your heart rate.
• Easy Storage with Vertical Fold
• Special Design Offers Space Saving Features
• iPod Compatible Audio
• 300 lb Weight Capacity
• Special ProShox Cushioning
• Limited Warranty
• Measures 70”x34”x59.5”
• Incline 0-10%
• Speed .5-10.0 mph
1. Stability – One of the things that runners come to appreciate when they are using a treadmill is stability. When you are running on this treadmill one of the first things that you will notice is just how stable it really is. There is no shaking or struggle with the machine.
2. Shock System – The ProForm 505 CST Treadmill has an included ProShox system which provides cushioning to you when you are running. You might not realize that you need shocks on your treadmill but you really do. One of the things that shocks can do is help prevent injury to your joints and bones. Runners who experience shin splints will love the shock system on this treadmill because it will eliminate the jolts and pressure that lead to this serious condition.
3. High Quality Sound System – Many treadmills do not have high quality sound systems. In fact, if you have been on a treadmill it is likely that you have not been able to hear your music or television. With the sound system that is available on this treadmill, you will never have to use headphones again. You are going to be able to stream Netflix on your tablet or listen to your playlist on your iPhone/iPod with the speakers on this treadmill.
4. Easy to Assemble – There are many treadmills that are hard to put together. This is not one of them. In fact, you will fall in love with how easy it is for you to put this one together. Of course, you will want to follow directions (even if you have put a treadmill together before) as this is the best way to get the treadmill put together correctly without having to go back and fix anything.
Things to Consider:
1. Water Bottle Holders – The water bottle holders on this treadmill are not shaped right for most water bottles. Many water bottles are too big to fit in them and others are too tall and get knocked over or fall out. Overall, this is something that you might find frustrating if you are the top of runner who enjoys being able to drink without having to stop.
2. No iFit Module – There is no iFit module included with the ProForm 505 CST treadmill. This means that if you want to be able to use iFit you will have to purchase it. The cost is between $120 and $130. Of course, with that price you do get one-year subscription but in subsequent years you will have to pay $80 for your subscription. This is a really great item to buy if you are going to try tracking your workouts or are trying to lose weight. However, it would have been wonderful if it had been included with the unit.
The ProForm 505 CST Treadmill is a great treadmill for those beginning their new workout routine as well as those who have been working out for years. Even those who are used to running in races are going to enjoy running on this treadmill. With a number of positions for incline between 0% and 10% there is no shortage of hill training that you can accomplish. Likewise, there are a number of speeds reaching up to ten miles per hour. This means that you can walk, jog, or run at the speed where you are most comfortable. Users appreciate that this treadmill is easy to put together, that it has a high quality sound system, and that it features shocks which make running easier on the body.