Change Your Mindset to Boost Your Self Esteem
Improving your self-worth and value is important to living a joyful life. If you cannot appreciate your own contribution to the life, it can be difficult to make sound decisions because you don’t value yourself or trust yourself. If you want to have more self-esteem, you can accomplish it in the following ways.
- Know Your Own Thoughts – Being mindful of the words you say inside your head is invaluable in building your self-esteem. Most of us have someone in our brain (us) telling us negative things. It’s imperative that you become aware of these thoughts so that you can turn them around into something positive that drives personal growth.
- Use Positive Affirmations – Sometimes, when people see the word “positive affirmations,” they get a mental picture of something quite silly and ineffective. Standing in the mirror saying random nice things to yourself – well, that can work, but you need to be more specific than this. Instead, every single time you think something negative, turn that particular thought around into a positive or even a neutral.
- Know What You’re Good At – Every person on the planet has a talent that is either known or unknown. If you don’t think you’re good at anything, what have you tried? If you’ve not tried enough things, you may have simply not found what you’re good at yet. Keep trying and learning and growing, and you’ll find it. Then when you do, accept that it’s what you’re good at. It’s OK to be good at something and to claim that you are.
- Surround Yourself with Positive Energy – This can be difficult if the negativity that is around you happens to be family. However, it’s imperative for your own mental and emotional health that you try to limit your exposure to negative people and energy and maximize your exposure to positivity.
- Volunteer in Your Community – The key here is to volunteer in a capacity that seems to offer nothing to you in return. The reason is if you’re getting too much out of it for your business, your church, or something other than the value provided to the people, land, or animals you’re helping, it’s no longer about that, it’s about you. Get out of yourself and help.
- Practice Self-Care – When you think of self-care, you may think of hair care, showering, and that type of thing. But it goes much further. It goes to the food you put in your body, the people you surround yourself with, and everything that you do that affects your mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Get Back to Nature – Even if you think that you don’t like the outdoors, the truth is, as a human-animal, you need nature. You need the sunshine to keep your circadian rhythms in check, you need the fresh air to oxygenate your blood, and you need good natural food to provide all the vitamins and minerals you need.
Remember that building your self-esteem takes time. It’s not something you can work on once a month or every January as a New Year’s resolution, it’s something you must practice daily for the entirety of your life. If you do, you’re sure to experience a much more satisfying life because you know you have value, and you know where you belong.